Our Goals and Values
- Stabilize and integrate the child into a supportive loving and caring community.
- Enable the development of life skills that lead to healthy and productive relationships with family, self, and others.
- Empower a positive self esteem and self respect.
- Empower an understanding of personal rights and respect for the rights of others.
- Engage family reunification, if possible.
- Enable emancipation, if needed, toward independent living.
- Maintain regular Public School attendance.
- Enable employment opportunities to gain work experience.
- Engage participation in opportunities in school and community programs of sports, music, and the arts.
- Engage participation, if desired, in opportunities for spiritual formation and development through religious activities in the community.
- Manage run away and AWOL behavior.
BAAFS Core Values
At BAAYFS we value the sacredness of all our relationships - with residents, families, service professionals and the environment in which we live. We affirm the following values as viable expressions of our common humanity:
- Kindness expressed with tenderness; we value that in all our living we may live gentle so that all that is dear to us may also live.
- in Diversity expressed with harmony; we value that in our cultural differences we can live together with honor and respect for the oneness and solidarity we share as human beings.
- Agreement expressed with pleasantness; we value that even in our disagreements we can agree to disagree with pleasantness and respect for the opinions and beliefs of each other.
- Humility expressed with modesty; we value that to err is human, but to forgive is Divine.
- Patience expressed with perseverance; we value that patience is a virtue that builds character.
- Compassion expressed with heart; we value that love is shown in our actions.
- Hospitality expressed with generosity; we value open hearts, open doors, and open minds.